• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my phone cant detect sim card

ocnbrze sorry i came from malaysia . so that why i have problem with my english.

no worries. do you understand what was mentioned above? were you able to checkout the links in the previous post and see if that helps?

can you take your phone in to your carrier and see if they can help you or not?

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
If this happened after running an update it may be worth running a repair to reload the firmware in case something went wrong when the last update was being applied:

To repair the phone software
1. Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support at Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)
2. In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
3. Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
4. Click repair phone.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Upvote 0
Hello syauqi12.

I don't have that phone but in searching for an answer I saw an older support thread at Sony for a sim card problem seemingly like yours and they had some suggestions that you might try. I hope this is helpful. :)

Main: No Sim Card in Phone

If this happened after running an update it may be worth running a repair to reload the firmware in case something went wrong when the last update was being applied:

To repair the phone software
1. Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support at Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)
2. In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
3. Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
4. Click repair phone.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand the Android environment. So, I have one some doubts, I hope it doesn't sounds dumb.

- The firmware is the latest software available for a device provided by the manufacturer and it is mandatory.
- PC Companion is something like an app made by Sony to make things easier for the end-user and it is optional.

Are those statements correct?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones