• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone isn't locked out, but I want to disable my fingerprint lock but I forgot the password.

eric45346

Lurker
Jun 29, 2019
I hadn't been using any lock screen security before, I had to create a fingerprint lock for work temporarily and never bothered to remember the backup password. Now that I don't need the fingerprint lock anymore, even though the phone recognizes me as the proper owner and lets me in, I need that backup password to disable the fingerprint lock entirely. Any ideas? Thanks

Without knowing the pin or pattern, you are stuck. I'd also be wary of rebooting as it will require a pin on first boot, at which point you will really be up the creek.

I would recommend backing up anything you need, and doing a factory reset and bypassing the pin lock during setup. You will need to know your google log in and password though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones