• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My phone plays music randomly and for no reason

Sheylenna

Lurker
Nov 20, 2017
So I was just woken up in the middle of the night by my phone randomly playing music. So I checked my apps and they were off. I know it was not an alarm since I had set it just before sleeping. I cleared all notifications. And the music was still playing. I had to shut the phone off and turn it back on the fix it. This happened once before but clearing the notifications fixed it that time. I touched nothing, I was asleep. I don't have music or third party players on my phone just what came with it and I never use it anyway. So if anyone can help it would be nice.... I have an Asus ZenFone V. And it runs N 7.0...

So I was just woken up in the middle of the night by my phone randomly playing music. So I checked my apps and they were off. I know it was not an alarm since I had set it just before sleeping. I cleared all notifications. And the music was still playing. I had to shut the phone off and turn it back on the fix it. This happened once before but clearing the notifications fixed it that time. I touched nothing, I was asleep. I don't have music or third party players on my phone just what came with it and I never use it anyway. So if anyone can help it would be nice.... I have an Asus ZenFone V. And it runs N 7.0...

Just a thought.. I've had some music weirdness before and clearing the caches (cache & dalvik cache) from recovery (stock or TWRP) fixed it as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones