• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My phone won't root when i run extracted files

well, i dunno. i looked into those errors you got when running as administrator, it couldnt find the stuff in the folder called files, that file must be in the same place as runme or it wont work. but yea, im stumped, i dunno what is going wrong but my first guess would have to be a driver issue or something, when you open device manager can you see the zte adb thing right away or do you have to press the + next to android and expand that category to see it? kuz if its not hidden in the android category then the driver has an issue. also you may have better luck with another computer, some computers dont get along with this phone, especially older ones. and did you manually install the drivers using the device manager or did you let it install itself? maybe try going into the device manager, right clicking it, hitting uninstall, then unplugging it and plugging it back in will help, that should refresh the current driver in use. if that stuff doest work, well i dunno what else to tell you my friend

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones