• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Damn, son... I'm curious - what is so big and so important to carry around that 32gb isn't enough? If music/movies - I'm sure you've heard of the cloud... ;)

PS: Up until a few months ago I was still using the 60gb that my PS3 came with. I wouldn't have upgraded if a spare drive hadn't come along...

I used to be a digital packrat with 100's of gigs of movies, music, programs, etc. Then I had a moment of clarity and realized there was music I hadn't listened to in years, too many movies available to bother watching any again (with a few exceptions), etc. I'm now completely comfortable within the 160gb drive that came with my netbook, and a 320gb external for backups.

So I can use this 'cloud' to access all the multimedia I want, FLAWLESSLY under 3g & not get creamed under network 'fair use policy'? Yes?

Muppet.

Upvote 0
I just ugraded from the Droid 1 today to the Xperia Play. I haven't played around with it too much yet, but I love the smoothness of the UI. I didn't think I would like only having a virtual keyboard, but it is not too bad in landscape mode with someone with big thumbs like me.
The trigger buttons are not in a natural position for my hands, but I am sure it will just take some getting use to.

Upvote 0
So I can use this 'cloud' to access all the multimedia I want, FLAWLESSLY under 3g & not get creamed under network 'fair use policy'? Yes?

Muppet.

Muppet?

That was the point of the smiley face, dude - I'm well aware it isn't unlimited, nor it is available everywhere. I was just curious about what people want to carry around that wouldn't fit on a 32gb card (64gb was just announced) with some cloud storage on top...

Upvote 0
Hey all! I'm new here, and just got my Xperia Play! And I love it! But the battery is always ran down by all these pre-installed apps that I would like to get rid of... my verizon mobile, backup assistant, pandora, faceook, contract killer... and I have the advanced task killer, but it doesn't seem to kill them. Any ideas? Thanks all!

Upvote 0
Hey all! I'm new here, and just got my Xperia Play! And I love it! But the battery is always ran down by all these pre-installed apps that I would like to get rid of... my verizon mobile, backup assistant, pandora, faceook, contract killer... and I have the advanced task killer, but it doesn't seem to kill them. Any ideas? Thanks all!

Lose the task killer, that's what's killing your battery, let gingerbread kill what it needs to kill

Upvote 0
Lose the task killer, that's what's killing your battery, let gingerbread kill what it needs to kill

I disagree slightly....If you are okay with waiting for gingerbread to kill your apps, it will eventually kill them when it needs to

BUT...I use a task killer, have been using one since 2009 when the OG droid came out and subsequently on about 15, 20 more androids phones after that...

I say the use or non use of a task killer is subjective and you should try not using one and if you see you need it, go back to it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones