• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My quick little write up on the Inspire.

Marc, you said in your vid that you couldn't get a data connection. Did you ever remedy it? There's a thread over on XDA as well where a few people who got them early, couldn't get data connections either. Is anyone else here having this problem? It's got me kind of worried.

The problem was figured out (so ive been told) from that same thread on XDA.

it looks like there are 2 things you need to do if you get the phone before launch. There is speculation that this has to do with the phone not being out yet but:

for someone reasons it looks like DATA is defaulted off....so that needs to be turned on.

if that doesnt work for you, then you need to change the network settings.
change the APN (its a setting under network settings) to- att Apn: wap.cingular

it should work, ill test this further when i get into work

Reactions: wraithevolution
Upvote 0
The problem was figured out (so ive been told) from that same thread on XDA.

it looks like there are 2 things you need to do if you get the phone before launch. There is speculation that this has to do with the phone not being out yet but:

for someone reasons it looks like DATA is defaulted off....so that needs to be turned on.

if that doesnt work for you, then you need to change the network settings.
change the APN (its a setting under network settings) to- att Apn: wap.cingular

it should work, ill test this further when i get into work

Oh man, I hope this isn't true for everyone. It's an easy enough fix but truly stupid on AT&T's part. Put out a phone with the data turned off by default. Or having to create a new APN connection. There's going to be a lot of people who get this phone and don't know that. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones