• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my RAZR phone get ridiculously HOT!

:eek: I've read some reports that this phone gets hot but i just want to hear some confirmation.. This is my second razr (first one had an issue with the camera saying- CAMERA IS UNABLE TO INITIALIZE) vzw just told me to swap it out. I noticed the first one got hot too, so did my DX... but this new RAZR is to the point were i think i could fry an egg on the screen if i wanted to.. Im a chef so im around heat all day, but the razr is noticeably hotter than any other phone i had. this screen on the phone gets insanely hot ! now i believe this had only happened after streaming music or data it seems (motocast) ..Will the screen be damaged overtime if it continues this way? I have until sunday to do a swap out, WHAT SHOULD I DO!?! please tell me this is normal,, if so, i hope they address it in ICS.

Mine gets slightly warm but never hot. My DX got warmer than my RAZR. It doesn't even get too warm when I use hotspot on LTE which sucks juice like no tomorrow. I have read others describe what you see but I have never experienced anything abnormally warm or what I would call hot on mine. I use wifi exclusively at home and LTE most other times.

Upvote 0
Another thing I've noticed--because the phone is made of mainly insulative materials, it feels hot in your pocket because it reflects body heat, but it actually isn't getting that hot.

That said, if this one is significantly hotter than the other one, I'd take it back.

Yep, since the Razr pipes heat out based on the design (metal frame and through LCD, you feel the dissipation that you do not with the Rezound. When both are running warm and feel the same when holding, the Rezound is about ten degrees warmer inside. Open the cover and lift the battery out. I still think bottling it up could cause problems down the road, but if a cooked battery, easy to buy another (not so with the Razr if same design).

As I have mentioned before, the Razr is actually nice to hold when the ambient temperature is cooler, but warmer temps will make holding the Razr when running steaming video or games more of an issue.

Added:

This point is still the nagging issue I can not shake. Summer could be a bummer with the Razr. How about people that live in areas where it IS warmer/hot now? Uncomfortable when running tasks that warm the device up a lot?

Wait a sec- Vinny is a chef, so wonder if he is feeling this while in a kitchen where ambient temps do get warm?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones