• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories My Steinheil Installation Tips

prerunnerseth

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
1. Put down a nice clean fresh piece of printer paper to work on.

2. Cleaning - I Cleaned the screen well with an automotive microfiber towel first then cleaned with the included rag.

3. Right before Installing the protector I blasted the screen with canned air to blast away any little bit of dust left. Hold the can upright or else the propellant chemical will come out with the air.

4. Use a heat gun or Hair dryer to warm the stubborn edges then hold them down with your finger while they cool. This eliminated every last stubborn edge I had. Don't set the heat gun to high and use the low speed setting.

*******Disclaimer**********
If you melt your phone because you didn't use common sense and heated it too long or set the heat gun too high, I take no responsibility. Just use common sense.

Reactions: jbdan
Wow...maybe it's just me but I didn't have to do any of that for mine. I went into the bathroom and turned the shower on hot to help get rid of dust in the air, cleaned the phone with the included cloth, then applied it exactly as the instructions said using the little squeegee thing that came in the package. No dust, no stubborn edges. Came out perfectly.

I did have to remove it and reinstall it once as I didn't get it lined up correctly the first time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones