1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

My third Captivate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GermanDude, Aug 30, 2010.

1. GermanDude

GermanDude Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I received my third Captivate today and decided to share some of the problems I had with the first two.

I returned the first phone within a week at the att store. Reason: when pressing the home button it randomly took me to the quick search box, even the quick search button lit up. ATT looked at it and gave me a new captivate, I returned it within 2 weeks and received a new captivate in the mail today. Reason: It shut off when charged over 90%.

There were other things wrong with it, the normal stuff: GPS, not syncing...
    some of these problems were caused by 3rd party apps and I did not mention it to att. Att told me I can pick a different phone if I have troubles again.

I really like the Captivate and want to stick with it, third time is the charm.

Advertisement

2. iPhobia

iPhobia Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I've had problems w/ the stock rom. Ever since I flashed a different rom it's been performing quite nice. Plus I don't have the ATT crapware they throw on it and it's limitations. I really do suggest you root and run a lag fix your phone. You can always unroot.