1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My Touch 4G questions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BNS1968, Mar 13, 2011.

1. BNS1968

BNS1968 Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    I have a few questions, I am new to smart phones and I am not happy with this at all. It may be me, but I have been trying to figure out a few things that I just can not get through. I did figure out some other things but I have a few questions. I want to be able to...
    1. Sign out of G Mail Chat when I am not using the phone, I can't figure out how to to do this.
    2. The Contacts I have in my MyTouch 4g are ALL I want to work with on the phone. When I try to do something all g mail contacts are in there, I don't want then in there.
    3. The Sim was changed in my phone yesterday, and now all I see in my contacts is "Me" and there are no other contacts when I press the button. I have been using the genius button to reach out to people, because although there is nothing in the contacts, I can still reach out this way.
    4. I want to remove apps I don't need or care for "Asphalt" is an example of this, I tried, it is not going anywhere.
    5. I still can't figure how to add and remove phone contacts (Not g mail) I have been trying and no luck.

I know there are always rough edges when using new technology, but so far this phone has been exceptionally difficult for me to work with.
    Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina
    Sounds like you need to root that bad boy.:D This would be the forum you need to go to MyTouch 4G - All Things Root. Hope that helps. Welcome to AF.:)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
  4. moddave

moddave Newbie
    None

May 12, 2011