• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Touch 4G questions

BNS1968

Mar 13, 2011
I have a few questions, I am new to smart phones and I am not happy with this at all. It may be me, but I have been trying to figure out a few things that I just can not get through. I did figure out some other things but I have a few questions. I want to be able to...
1. Sign out of G Mail Chat when I am not using the phone, I can't figure out how to to do this.
2. The Contacts I have in my MyTouch 4g are ALL I want to work with on the phone. When I try to do something all g mail contacts are in there, I don't want then in there.
3. The Sim was changed in my phone yesterday, and now all I see in my contacts is "Me" and there are no other contacts when I press the button. I have been using the genius button to reach out to people, because although there is nothing in the contacts, I can still reach out this way.
4. I want to remove apps I don't need or care for "Asphalt" is an example of this, I tried, it is not going anywhere.
5. I still can't figure how to add and remove phone contacts (Not g mail) I have been trying and no luck.

I know there are always rough edges when using new technology, but so far this phone has been exceptionally difficult for me to work with.
Thank you.

I have a few questions, I am new to smart phones and I am not happy with this at all. It may be me, but I have been trying to figure out a few things that I just can not get through. I did figure out some other things but I have a few questions. I want to be able to...
1. Sign out of G Mail Chat when I am not using the phone, I can't figure out how to to do this.
2. The Contacts I have in my MyTouch 4g are ALL I want to work with on the phone. When I try to do something all g mail contacts are in there, I don't want then in there.
3. The Sim was changed in my phone yesterday, and now all I see in my contacts is "Me" and there are not other contacts when I press the button. I have been using the genius button to reach out to people, because although there is nothing in the contacts, I can still reach out this way.
4. I want to remove apps I don't need or care for "Asphalt" is an example of this, I tried, it is not going anywhere.
5. I still can't figure how to add and remove phone contacts (Not g mail) I have been trying and no luck.

I know there are always rough edges when using new technology, but so far this phone has been exceptionally difficult for me to work with.
Thank you.

Sounds like you need to root that bad boy.:D This would be the forum you need to go to MyTouch 4G - All Things Root. Hope that helps. Welcome to AF.:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones