• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AuElephant

Lurker
Aug 5, 2012
So i just got my Commando, and really want to take advantage of the whole, "i can do awesome stuff with open source and android" thing that this phone has. However, I am afraid to do anything. So i am asking the almighty forum to help walk me through getting rid of all the preloaded apps and unnecessary stuff.

Thanks,

The Gold Elephant

Well..... Casio isn't part of the android open source project lol. Casio is completely locked down. I suggest you return the device before your 14 days are up and get a galaxy nexus, which is AOSP.

Otherwise, enjoy your commando. Drop it in the toilet, and watch it still work. Take pictures and video underwater. Drop it down an oil well and wash it off. Let you five year old kid borrow it, and return it still working.

Reactions: AuElephant
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones