• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help N1 data connection issue... please help!

ap3604

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2010
Hi everyone, I had a quick question I needed your assistance on.

Sometime I put my N1 into Airplane mode to save battery and when I finally turn airplane mode off I can never seem to get a data connection unless I totally shut off the phone and turn it back on again. Coming out of Airplane mode there will be a 3g signal on the status bar but only the up arrow will light up and anything needing data (browser, market, etc) wont work unless I totally shut off the phone and turn it back on again. Is this happening to you too? :thinking:

The same thing happens if I open up the Quick Settings app and turn off mobile data (to save battery) and when I turn mobile data back on I have to restart the phone entirely for it to work properly.

It seems like my phone might be having an issue with data connection so I might have to call up HTC about it but I wanted to find out from the other members on the forum if this was happening to them too.

Thank you for your help
smile.gif

Well I can only tell you that I have the same issue with quick settings (or any other app that disables my APN for that matter, like JuiceDefender). I figured it has something to do with the fact that it changes the APN adres in the settings. Because when I manually disable my data connection (switching to an empty APN I made) and switch back my data connection still works.

Don't know about airplane mode, I'll test it. But for now my problem is pretty much the same like you discribed it, up arrow and everything.

Upvote 0
As far as I can tell, you just need to reboot your nexus after editing your APN to get your data connection to work. Seeing as these apps (quicksettings, juicedefender,..) edit your APN to disable/enable it, you'll need te reboot before it'll work again.
Which is why I tought of creating an empty APN and just switching between my network APN and the empty one to enable/disable data connection manually. I use QuickSettings for fast acces to my APNs.
So far this has been the most effecient way for me to turn data on or off, I uninstalled juicedefender and just enable data manually whenever I need it.

Works great for me, hope some of you find this useful :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones