• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nag function for Alerts

B

Bobbie Piety

Sometimes we are awaiting important texts, emails, etc, but miss the one-time alert due to extraneous noise or distractions. Yes, we have persisting dots or other indicator icons, but nothing audible.

How about being able to selectively turn on "nag" alerts so that an important message or event makes a sound, say every minute? This could be useful and eliminate the necessity of having to look at the phone every few minutes to see if anything was missed.

You do know that this section, "Suggestion Box and Feedback", is for suggestions and feedback on the forum, not Android? This is a discussion forum for users, and we have no influence with Google.

Some individual apps can do repeating alerts, so it's worth looking in their settings. Certainly I have SMS and calendar apps with this option. You may have to use third-party apps for this, as built-in ones are usually more limited in their options (I personally use very few built-in apps, as there's usually something else out there that works better for me).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones