• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid backup wiped everything

:D couldnt wait till weds so had a go,waited and waited and then it booted up,have now got LeeDrOiD_V3.0.8.2_GB_A ,working like a dream and very easy to do and loving it,mem is

INTERNAL
117MB

Many thanks for help especially Rastaman again;)
Confident now to try many roms in the future but for now very happy with this one.:D

Upvote 0
:D couldnt wait till weds so had a go,waited and waited and then it booted up,have now got LeeDrOiD_V3.0.8.2_GB_A ,working like a dream and very easy to do and loving it,mem is

INTERNAL
117MB

Many thanks for help especially Rastaman again;)
Confident now to try many roms in the future but for now very happy with this one.:D
knew you wouldnt be able to resist hahahahaha

Reactions: webby62
Upvote 0
Hello, have a similar problem. Came here from the ROM Manager thread (saw it just too late haha, was a mistake on my part to use ROM Manager). So my problem is likely the ROM Manager, but now some help on how to get my phone back properly would be great :)

First, I rooted my Desire according to your guide (easy enough to do after reading the FAQs a few times) and that went off without a hitch, worked fine. Erase size 40 000 so I had to go with AmonRa, other than that it was pretty much standard.

Kicker was when I installed ROM Manager after that, it prompted me to get ClockworkMod, then I pressed 'Backup ROM'. I think the recovery screen (black/green one?) came on but I just rebooted, and after that, I noticed that stuff like my Swiftkey wasn't working properly. Could type, but no predictions - it was telling me 'SD card needed'.

Then I went back into recovery (the black/green screen, right?) and I started looking around for options. I think I tried one of the backup/restore options - created backup then ran it straight away, when it was done I rebooted. Then, apps like Swiftkey started crashing and ROM Manager crashed, couldn't be used, and my phone couldn't seem to detect my SD card. Stuff like my Gallery is fine, but things like my contacts seem to be lost (the ones stored on my phone, which is weird). So for all purposes there seems to be no SD on my phone, yet I can plugin USB (the given HTC cable) and the SD mounts like a hard drive, no problems.

So I'm not entirely sure what's going on. Stuff like phone contacts gone, apps that need SD are down, SD undetectable by phone but pops up in Explorer on my Windows fine. Everything else works same - calls, messages, etc. So do I flash another recovery, wipe my data, anything?

I'd really appreciate some help - if it's a specific part of a FAQ I missed, or an earlier post in this thread I missed, pointing it out'd be great, 'cause I've gone through it a few times but I don't always quite get what some things mean.

Thanks all :)

Upvote 0
(Just to check AmonRa recovery is the same black/green screen I load into right?)

If so then yes, it appears I can see zip files on recovery that way. OK, so it means the 'backup' I tried to create earlier was non-functional/faulty?

Alright, so where do I go now...full wipe, then load SD card with a ROM and flash? (Not entirely sure about that though, as I've yet to flash other ROMs on my rooted Desire)

Upvote 0
Okay, simple enough - I'll wipe then. Meaning after the wipe, I'll be left with the same stock ROM, still rooted, SD empty? Or will my phone be empty as well?

Clicking 'wipe ALL userdata' in recovery then, will check in after.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh yes, so if CWM backups don't work on my Desire at all, what can I use to backup ROMs/take snapshots?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones