• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root nandroid makes things worse...

androidlover14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2010
Orlando, FL
Ok well when I load a nandroid up there is always a problem with my apps. They just never restore for some reason. I try to download them but none of the ways work. They are always in the market's download list and they say that they are downloading but they never do. They just say installing for a billion years. That happens with every nandroid. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
I also do my wiping b4 i put in a new rom and when loading a nandroid if that helps.

Another question: Does anyone know if or when there will be an update to UD 1.0.0 because it runs horribly on my droid and was hoping that an update could change that?

Edit: UD runs fine now but still without some apps.

Depending on the number of apps restoring from the market it could take a very long time to restore after loading a ROM. I have about 15 apps and it's taken up to 20 minutes. Sometimes canceling one and then selecting install gets them going. As long as it says downloading they should restore. How long are you waiting?

Edit: also a little confused when you refer to nandroid. shouldn't your nandroid already have all your apps installed? nandroid is the backup you made.

Upvote 0
Yea, I'm not sure we are on the same page here. Nandroid restores your phone just how it was when you made the back up. The apps and settings will be there just as they were. If that isn't how it is working for you, there is a bigger issue than just your apps not downloading correctly. That being said, it sometimes helps to clear the Market data and cache via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. As stated before, stopping the download and reinstalling helps as well. I do know of a couple of cases that the new Market version (2.07) wasn't working that well for a few people. Friend of mine deleted the Market Updater app and reinstalled the older version of the Market (1.82 ?) and it worked better for him.

Reactions: androidlover14
Upvote 0
As mentioned already, a nandroid backup is simply an image of your internal memory. That being said, if you are restoring a nandroid backup and your apps are not simply showing up, then you have a bigger issue than your market. If this is happening, try switching recoveries. If that doesn't work, try installing a previous version of your recovery and then install the newest one.

If you really are restoring nandroid backups and not just flashing new ROMs, and everything is not the same as when you made the nandroid, then you are somehow making corrupt backups.

Please let us know if you really are restoring nandroid backups through your recovery or if you are talking about something else.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Well I can't really switch recoveries because #1 I can't download apps, #2 I don't have rom manager anymore. I did find the sprecovery file in the clockwork folder through astro but I don't know what to do with it. So its pretty much like I am stuck in this state unless I go to a different rom or something. I do have titanium backup. I don't remember if I said that before but it doesn't let me restore apps. It just starts the process and never makes any progress.

Edit: I do have terminal if that can be used to help at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones