• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chawski

Android Enthusiast
May 19, 2010
sorry to sound like an idiot, but i wanna do a prl update and havnt done this is ages, so i kinda forgot the method. If i do a current backup, do I need to completely wipe the phone to go back to my stock rooted nandroid and then completely wipe to go back to my current, or can I just nandroid, backup the stock for prl, and then go straight back to current?
Thanks

Create a Nandroid, then restore your Stock Rooted Rom, update your PRL, then once done, then restore your Nandroid

sorry to sound like an idiot, but i wanna do a prl update and havnt done this is ages, so i kinda forgot the method. If i do a current backup, do I need to completely wipe the phone to go back to my stock rooted nandroid and then completely wipe to go back to my current, or can I just nandroid, backup the stock for prl, and then go straight back to current?
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones