• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need advice please!!

D

Deleted User

Alrighty so my S10 has been hacked and been put into developer mode , i know absolutely nothing bout tech shiit, excuse the french. im using my work phone atm which is an iphone , ill try cut this short otherwise id be here forever :/ now i have the biggest suspicion its my partner he keeps denying it, but i have seen stuff on the laptop that is on my phone , he has installed so many apps onto my phone , he is controlling it remotely , im sure theres also something to do with my sim card aswell, he changes keyboard settings hes downloaded bixby , and these ant radio services plus configuration apps plus hes downloaded a fake google play services app im sure i cant access my google account on there or my samsung account anymore , i dont wnt to reset it , im thinking of taking to a phone guy i know to get some help , i can put a list or pics up of the list of system apps he has put on my phone if needed .. just need my phone back :(

just hard reset the phone and start over.

before you do change your account info for everything and setup two step verification.......then do a hard reset.

a hard reset is booting into recovery(usually a button combo of power+vol) and wipe data/factory reset

exynos processor:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-exynos/

snapdragon processor:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-sd855/

i would then put a security lock on your phone, whether it is fingerprint(the one i recommend), password, pattern or pin.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Reading through your posting, it doesn't sound like your phone has been 'hacked' but simply a matter where you either didn't set up a lock screen to protect your phone or you allowed your partner open access to it.

At this point, when you've given anyone unsupervised access to your phone, almost anything could have been done to it. The phone and your user account on it are no longer secure. You need to get your phone back, set up a lock screen, and since it may or may not be compromised you need to take it to a trusted service shop and have them flash a clean firmware on it and do a Factory Reset. While your phone is being worked on, you need to log into all the online accounts for various social media services you had on that phone and reset all your passwords. Keep your phone to yourself and don't let other people use it.

Upvote 0
The system apps, including Bixby, all sound like normal apps installed on that sort of phone.

If you can't log into your Google account, open your browser and go to Google. Try to sign in there. If you cannot, then possibly your password has been changed.

As far as the Google app(s) you think are fake (unlikely), uninstall any updates of these apps, then go to the Play Store and update the app(s).
This will reset them and bring them up to date.
Be sure to open the apps and reset your settings for the app(s).

You can turn developers settings off.
(your device may differ)
Settings
System
Advanced
Developer options
(switch at top)

After all this, put a lock with a PIN on your phone.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
thanks for your replies , i have just gone through his phone , hehas s7edge and his phone model number says its the exact same as mine. also his phone number says unknown ,his apps are the same as what i have installed , it took me a while to find this , he also has android system webview disabled which i couldnt find out how to turn it on. so much sneaky shiit there. and weve been together for 16years so i dont know why he would be doing this.

Upvote 0
Some devices have Android System Webview disabled.

Devices like this use Chrome instead, to do the same thing.

To enable Android System Webview, Chrome must be disabled, or sometimes the webview can be changed within the developer settings.

Some devices allow this, some do not.

Onwards to something else.

I can't say for sure, but it seems as though he may have another device, and the one you went through is a possible clone of yours.

The idea that the device says 'unknown' for the phone number is odd.
The only devices that I have seen that on are ones that I only use on Wi-Fi.
These are not on any cellular network, and so do not have any phone numbers.

When you have access to his device again, turn off the Wi-Fi on it, call it and see if it rings.
Notice what number comes up on the caller ID. Is it correct?
If he is pretty sly, he could have his mobile number forward calls to it.

Are you positive that his device is a totally different model of phone as yours, yet the model number is the same as yours?
This is incredibly odd, if it is so.

Another oddity is the fact that all of the apps are the same as well.
All of them?
Games and other crap like that?

As I am no expert in things like this, I am asking questions to verify what you have stated.
I try to keep things in life as simple as possible.

At this point, I might consider just getting another device, and setting a lock on it to keep him out.

If you want to continue playing the game, then I would do a few things to my own device.
This could be fun, just to see what happens.
(Yes, I am known to be entertained in unconventional ways, lol.)

First, I would install a firewall onto my device.
This will allow you to control what apps can link to the internet, and if they can use Wi-Fi, mobile data, or both.

There are many available, but there are a few that I have experience with and so will be recommending those.

There are three that I like, and they are at three levels of expertise, or difficulty, if you will.

All do the basic function of limiting internet access.

Easy:
NoRoot Firewall

https://noroot-firewall.en.uptodown.com/android

Medium:
NetGuard

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.faircode.netguard/

Hard:
Tracker Control

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.kollnig.missioncontrol.fdroid/

Personally, I use NoRoot Firewall most often.
It is so simple, and uses very little battery.
It is a great way to enter the firewall world, so I would advise to try it first.

Many apps on an Android device are interconnected- meaning that they need one another to work.
This means that you can make part or all of your device (temporarily) non-functional by blocking cellular or Wi-Fi access to certain apps, because they can be part of a slew of other apps.
To compound this issue, it is difficult to figure out what apps are connected to others.

NoRoot Firewall does this for you, by grouping interconnected apps together.

NetGuard does this is in a different way, generally by unrestricting apps that are required for other apps to work, but not letting you know directly.

Tracker Control does not let you know at all.

Start with NoRoot, and block apps that do not need internet or mobile access.

Also, go to

Settings
Apps
(show all)
(show system)

and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list.

Check for any app that has no name or no icon, but is still there taking up space.

All legitimate apps have some sort of icon.
If you find one that does not, you can bet that it is malware of some sort.

The lack of a name or icon will make the app not appear in your app drawer, or other apps that can give you a list of apps on your phone.

If there is such a thing there, then select it, and then tap
Storage
Clear cache
Clear data
(back out to the app's page)
Uninstall

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones