• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Grocery Shopping App That Does This...

DrSmith

Aug 27, 2016
I am looking for a new app to use for grocery shopping. The best one I ever found was a little known one called Lazy Shopper. I have been using it for years, but it hasn't been developed in a few years and is missing one of the main features I want. So now that I got a new phone I figure it's time to move on.

I've been looking at alternatives and tested some of the big ones. But I was mostly disappointed in what I saw as almost all of them didn't seem to have one of the key features that I need.

Here are the two deal breakers for me. They must have these features.

1. It must have the ability to see the shopping list for an individual store and * also to see the entire list including all items in all stores at once *. There are several ways this can be done ... essentially they are all some sort of "filter" in concept.

I was really surprised that so far I only found one app (other than Lazy Shopper) so far that has a way to see all the items at once: GroceryIQ. The rest let you make up multiple lists (each one could be a different store for example) but then you can't get a master list will all of the items from all of the stores. I wouldn't call GroceryIQ fantastic, and I also notice that it too has not been developed for a long time which is a negative, but it's decent, and it also has some other nice features and I like the simple interface. Would be nice if there was something more powerful out there, but if there isn't I'll settle on this. It also meets the second deal breaker feature I need to have so right now it is the only option I have.

2. The second must have is a (free) Web interface with syncing. It doesn't have to be fancy, but the key is that I need the Web interface to enter the large amounts of data I need to put in which are too cumbersome to enter on the phone. It makes it much easier for the way I shop. Lazy Shopper doesn't have this otherwise I would continue to use it. I found several with Web interfaces, but none that I saw also had the first requirement above except GroceryIQ which has both. I was hoping to find something better and that's why I am here looking for options.

It's possible that some general purpose "List" app might work. But the "Grocery" or "Shopping" apps are generally set up to be more convenient to use for this specific purpose. I could probably write my own list app using a database, but that's too much effort and no Web interface. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to at least do the two things above. I consider them basic by today's standards.

Anyone have any suggestions for another option that meets these two must haves? Hopefully I missed something.

Thanks very much for any help! :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones