• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help choosing new rom

Ok I need help in choosing a new ROM for my triumph. I need all to work phone, wifi, and cam. the ROM also needs to let me have access to portable hotspot (my phone is my only connection between my computer and printer)

I currently have the Dark Minimalist ROM and the reason I want to swap the room is because every time I turn my music player on and I turn the screen off and tilt my phone (such as putting it in my pocket) it screws with the music player causing it to crash...

Maybe I might try the Metallic Chaos again, I used it before I just don't remember what it looked like and I couldn't find any screens of it. but if anyone has any suggestions Pleas let me know on what I should try out.

Sounds like a 2.2 or 2.3 rom would be best for you. Everything works in 2.2, and the only thing in 2.3 that doesnt work is HDMI. If youre heading for 2.2, id go for Revamp. Its really smooth and works great. If 2.3, probably CM7. You can find all these in the All Things Root Guide. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask

Upvote 0
Personally, I would suggest cm7-tg-reloaded. I ran this rom on my triumph for over a year without any issues. Hot spot and tether are flawless. The system itself has a world of options though and takes a while to get configured. I would recommend enabling the long press back button app kill, and locking the desk top after configuring it if you decide to run it. That phone is a rock solid beast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones