• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help deciding on which micro sdhc card to get.

go2vegas

Jun 2, 2012
That's the same card I have and it's works just fine. I wasn't getting 10 write speeds w/ my prevail, I was getting between high 6's and 8's. I think it was the phone though because I'm getting write speeds of 11 and up on my Marquee. Overall it's a great card for the $. I only ended paying $9.95 for it after a mail-in-rebate which is awesome. I think you'll be happy with it. :D

Upvote 0
I'd say go for the card. But if you can afford it go for the bigger card. It'll cost more but it'll be worth it. I have a 16gb card and once in a while I run out of space... Yeah. I know too many songs and pictures and nandroid backups...

But a 16gb card is plenty space... unless you're a packrat. :D

I agree Kolosus. 16g is plenty of space. I've only used 18% of mine and there's a lot on it. :D

Upvote 0
I just went ahead and ordered it.
I just really needed a card that would get me some more internal memory. I think 16 gigs will be plenty. Plus I am cheap:D And if it's good enough for wetbiker. That pretty much sealed the deal!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

I think you'll be happy with it. Wyelkins and I bought one at the same time. He was pretty happy with his also. :D

Upvote 0
So I just got the card and am ready to install it. I was thinking I would just attach phone to p.c. Then copy all stuff on old card to a folder. Then unmount old card put the new one in and copy all stuff to new one. Is this how to do it? I was confused to see 20 different folders. That I had no clue as to what most were.:thinking: Being a noob I was thinking if new card doesn't have some of these folders it may not turn on lol! Btw I used app 2 sd to transfer any apps I could onto the old card (if this makes a difference). I only have 5 or 6 apps currently on the old 2 GB card. And wouldn't mind uninstalling them and reinstalling after root.

Once the new card is in. I am ready to try rooting. After reading through what seems like all the root threads 2 or 3 times. I think this walk through is what I am going to try. http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...od-rooting-prevail-dummies-written-dummy.html

Any suggestions on another one to follow? Just want to make it as simple as possible and get most up to date path to take.

I can't wait to learn a lot about this phone so I can try to help others out.
I appreciate all you guys helping me! I only participate in one other forum about Las Vegas and really enjoy helping others there.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones