• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help Deciding Which Phone I Should Get?

TLang520

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
New here, I have Verizon and am in desperate need of getting a new phone, here are my options...

-Samsung Galaxy Nexus for $79

-Motorola Droid Razr Maxx for $199

-Wait for the Droid Fighter to come out?

-Not sure if the Galaxy S3 is coming to verizon but if so thats an option too wait for as well?

Any help or input on the phones would be appreciated, Thanks!

Hey TLang.
This seems to be a question all of us have, including myself.
I have decieded to wait and see what happens with the GS3 on May 3rd (Samsung is announcing new galaxy, presumably the GS3) It should be then that you hear what carriers it is coming to.
However that is my opinion.
As for your other 3 options, its best to know what you need the phone for, and wiether your a rooter or not ( non- sexual ) ;)
The Galaxy Nexus is easy to hack and root because its already stock so you don't have to deal with the stupid skins manafacters put on them. It may not even need rooting, if you like ICS.
As for the Maxx, this would be my personal choice of the 3. The massive battery seems great and its generally an overall high end phone. But is it worth and extra $100 to you?
As for the Fighter, I dont know anything about this phone, sorry. It looks to me that you are sick of waiting and want a new phone now. Keep in mind if you wait, its probably likely that another new phone will appear and you will want to wait for that. That being said I would still wait to see what happens with the GS3 and possably the Fighter.
My opinion :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones