• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help Dragging Android Games/Apps into HTC Inspire 4G

shaboozies

Lurker
Jun 4, 2011
I have been trying to drag Angry Birds and European War into my android from my computer for a while now. I have searched through various forums, but found no information that was helpful. My Inspire is connected to my computer via USB, and I have successfully dragged music and pictures. If any one can help me drag Android games from my PC, please do! Thanks

If the games you are trying to move are pc versions of the games then its not going to work. I believe Android games or apps have .apk file extensions (please note that I have not had much sleep and not thinking right so this could very well be wrong)

Why not just go into the market and download the games? Angry birds is free.

If you have the apk file for a game that isn't available on the market you should be move the apk file to your sd card and then unplug your phone from your pc find the file on the sd card and install (this is only if you got the update that allows unknown source installs) to check if you do tap menu-settings-applications then there should be a box that says unknown sources and you check that

Reactions: shaboozies
Upvote 0
Thank you for your feedback! I am not downloading PC games, but apps that work on Android (I am downloading them off certain sites to avoid fees). I have heard about the "Unknown Sources" option under App settings, but I don't even have that option. The only options I have under settings>apps are: Manage applications, running services, development, and fast boot. How do I download that update?

Upvote 0
heres what your going to want to do, download the android sdk and place it on the root of ur c drive,now on your device go to applications and development and make sure usb debugging is checked, then once its installed go into android sdk and then tools then shift right click in it and type in ur command prompt adb devices
if it shows a device your connected.
then put the .apk in the tools folder.
now type adb install (Appname.apk)

Upvote 0
^this is the method I used before getting the update from ATT for apps I wanted that weren't available in the market. If you haven't yet download the HTC sync program from the HTC website that should have all the drivers for your phone to be recognized then follow the steps in the other post and BAM they should be on your phone.

Also if you are talking about pirated apps that normally would cost money but you got the apk for free cause someone uploaded it online that's a no no for discussion on this site.

Upvote 0
heres what your going to want to do, download the android sdk and place it on the root of ur c drive,now on your device go to applications and development and make sure usb debugging is checked, then once its installed go into android sdk and then tools then shift right click in it and type in ur command prompt adb devices
if it shows a device your connected.
then put the .apk in the tools folder.
now type adb install (Appname.apk)

I have everything downloaded, but when I go into the tools folder of the SDK and shift-right click, nothing happens. I am completely lost from this point. (USB debugging IS checked).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones