• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help! Flashing back to 2.3.4!

Chr0sy

Sep 29, 2011
Hello forumers, I need a help from you. I just updated to 2.3.6 and there's a WIFI problem, it cannot connect, if I go down to settings > wifi , the settings application crashes.

So the only fix I think is to flash back to 2.3.4 (i tried factory reset, same thing nothing happened).

I just don't know how to flash back to an older version (2.3.4) so I need help. Can you give me the neccessary files I need to flash to 2.3.4? I have SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 i9100.

PDA: I9100XILA2
PHONE: I9100XWKI1
CSC: I9100OXIKK1

BASEBAND: I9100XWKI1

BUILD NUMBER: GINGERBREAD.XILA2.

THANKS A LOT!

I'm a complete noob but if LA2 stands for 2.3.6 then no I did not do a full wipe. I'm still stuck at android 2.3.6 btw. i did the full wipe , factory reset after i realized that wifi wasn't working, so i did it. and nothing changed...

the only way to fix it is to downgrade back to 2.3.4, can you help me with that?

Upvote 0
2.3.6 comes in many different versions. You happen to be on LA2.
I'm trying to establish the steps you took to upgrade. As you have posted in the "all things root" section I take it as you did it yourself rather than through Kies?

If you really want to go back to 2.3.4 then this can be done of course, but like 2.3.6 it comes in many different versions of firmware, so if you do want to go back to your original, you will need to know which you had initially. Its reported in the "Build Number" part of the about screen

Upvote 0
Yes, I already wrote it on the first post:

BUILD NUMBER: GINGERBREAD.XILA2

I'm actually downloading I9100XWKI4 from Samfirmware to flash that (i think i had that before going to 2.3.6, and it's for vodafone , italy which is actually my phone country.)

What do I do after I start odin and after it shows the [0:com4 blablabla?]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones