• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help getting adb on pc

So if you use the print screen button then you have to paste the image into another program like mspaint. Then save it.

But I can already tell you from the error that you posted, you aren't running the command from the right directory.

To make it easy, right click on your platform-tools folder (or whatever folder your adb utility is in) and select "open command window here". I think you can do this in windows 7.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
cmd prompt

Attachments

• 3837-3238:Untitled.png
    3837-3238:Untitled.png
    219.6 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Did you try what I said about right clicking the folder and choosing open command prompt here?

Your command prompt needs to start with the location of the folder that adb is in. For example, my adb is on my desktop in a folder called platform-tools. So when I use adb, my command prompt looks like this:

c:\desktop\platform-tools> adb devices

Upvote 0
To make this as easy as possible can you please do the following?

Copy the zip file that you have called platform-tools_r30.0.0-windows and paste it on your desktop.

Rename the file to platform-tools

Right click on it and extract it.

Now you should have a folder called platform-tools with a bunch of files inside.

Once you are there let me know and I'll tell you what to type exactly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones