• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NEED HELP: not recieving app notifictions

Helloooo everyone! I'm new here, new to forums period, but I thought I would give this a shot. I have the tmobile cliq, have had it for about half the year now and I am quite pleased with it :D. Now on to my problem. I use Facebook a lot. Probably like 10 times a day at least just to look through status updates...I originally had my notifications set to email me on the phone when I'd get a notification, which was working fine, except for the whole yahoo takes 15 mins to refresh for new email checking thing. So i decided, well...Okay, I'll just set it to not email me, and text me instead. So I was getting text messages every time I got a friend request, wall post, comment, message, anything. i was really pleased with this because I'd be getting my notifications instantly...About a week ago this changed, I started to get less and less notifications via text...I would have to physically go into the app and then see that i had ten or so notifications, which should have all been texted to me. This is upsetting!!! :mad: Does anyone else have this problem, or know why this is happening???

I actually remember this happening with my blackberry curve previously as well, after a while I wuold stop getting notifications, and I don't know if its the phone or if Tmobile just sucks.

I tried unchecking all the notifications on facebook, saving the changes, then resetting my phone, turning it on, and re-checking the notifications sent via text option, for about an hour I was getting a few notifications as soon as I'd post something, but then poof it stopped again.

Please let me know if you have this problem and have found a solution or have spoken to anyone in customer service at tmobile and theyve told you there are some kind of outtages.

:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones