1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Help reverting to stock!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by No Hands 55, Dec 23, 2011.

1. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest

hi! is there any guides anyone can recommend for unrooting and returning my phone back to s-on? I have one of the evo 4gs with the random boot loop problem and i've tried everything and it just seems to be the phone. So I am going to take it back to BB with my warrenty and get a new one or at least a refurb. so i need it unrooted and back to S on.

also, for when i get the new phone, I was wondering if i could get suggestions on what the best kernel and rom to use are. I am currently running cm7 and the latest tiamat sbc.

I really was just using cm7 because i like the look and being able to use theme chooser themes, so if there is any other roms that can use theme chooser themes, or are just plain better in your opinion, id like to try them out! and is there any other kernels i should take into consideration?

Thanks for the help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

use the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. it has a section on how to unroot your phone.

as far as roms and kernels go, i like cm7/tiamat combo. best battery life and performance if that is what you are looking for. asking something like that is all matter of opinion. there is no right combo. plus every phone is different and may not work well on your phone. also it will depend on what you are looking for in a rom

so here are some suggestions:
    xplod is nice it is cm7 based but it uses the sony xperia launcher. it also has some ics elements to it as well. this is aosp so tiamat works well for me.

mik3d with the aggressive freedom kernel is a great combo. i like sense 3.0 and you can never go wrong with mik's roms

mikg3.0 with aggressive freedom kernel, i like as well. really stable sense 2.1+sense 3.0 rom

No Hands 55 likes this.
  3. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest

I am trying to do the unroot process from the guide and i got the s-on easily. it asked me to update and everything. when im trying to get rid of clockwork revolutionary recovery the other file doesnt ever ask me to update, it detects it and then loads it and checks it and nothing else happens. im going to try the other .exe file and see if that works. any other options or help?

4. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Use the exe and run it from the computer the other one dosent work for me.

5. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest

ok thanks im downloading that now. ill post the results

6. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest

alright well i think it worked. everything went smooth with the program and my phone is all booted up and reset and all that. now when i go to recovery from hboot menu it gives me the red triangle with exclamation mark. is that what its supposed to do because its not rooted?

7. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Yep thats the stock recovery. U should be s on and stock rom with all the wonderfull sprint apps....LOL

8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The RUU is teh method I have to use as well

9. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest

HAHA yes i am its awesome!!!.... but im getting it swapped with a new or refurb because i have the random restarts and boot loop problems with this phone... but not its all back to stock i can get a new one! WOO thanks for all the help everyone.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews