• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (Need Help!) Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Fire Alarm Beeping:

Tony1178

Lurker
Nov 7, 2017
So a day ago or so my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-I537) Started to beep, Loudly. Sounded like a fire alarm, no exactly like a fire alarm. After checking around the house we noticed it was my phone. Then I did my research but nothing really came up. One video had a beeping just like mine except it was the S5. She countered the problem by turning it off as I did but she disabled the comments so i don't know if anyone knows the fix. This could be a one time thing but I will not take my chances with this. I don't know the reason for beeping. When it started I was just holding it, nothing more. Going through the setting got me nowhere, it could mean anything, security issue, some ones tracking it?, did i press a combo of buttons that set off the beeping? Does it sense a deadly gas?(seems far fetched but who knows.) I would love if some one could give me advice on how I should proceed.

This is the link to the video i've watched. (I don't support this channel at all or sponsor it just a reference.)
Now in this vid you can see a different phone (S5), and she turned the volume down and the beeping went low. When mine was beeping I did not mess with the volume so this beeping could be different but it does sound exactly the same.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones