• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help urgently ....

:(Im using this phone for the last two years. the phone is rooted and i had installed cwm recovery, im on hybrid v3 rom ( thanks to cool gautham ). last month i reflashed cwm recovery through rom manager . it says that i have successfully flashed cwm recovery . but after that i cant enter recovery mode .
i tried key combination,vol down + power button and vol up + power button but it stucks in mmx logo ,any how i can switch it on and i was happy.
but few days back my lil brother enters wrong lock code several times and as a result im lockedv out of the phone. now it is asking for unlock using email id and password. i entered the correct id and password but it is not unlocking. i kept it switched off and pulled out the battery for three days and tried again ,but the result was same.:( can somebody plz tell me a way to unlock it so i can use it again.
i gave it to the service center they said they cant do it because it is swithchin on while flashing.

i really need help, im looking forward to your reply. thank in advance buddies.:)

:(Im using this phone for the last two years. the phone is rooted and i had installed cwm recovery, im on hybrid v3 rom ( thanks to cool gautham ). last month i reflashed cwm recovery through rom manager . it says that i have successfully flashed cwm recovery . but after that i cant enter recovery mode .
i tried key combination,vol down + power button and vol up + power button but it stucks in mmx logo ,any how i can switch it on and i was happy.
but few days back my lil brother enters wrong lock code several times and as a result im lockedv out of the phone. now it is asking for unlock using email id and password. i entered the correct id and password but it is not unlocking. i kept it switched off and pulled out the battery for three days and tried again ,but the result was same.:( can somebody plz tell me a way to unlock it so i can use it again.
i gave it to the service center they said they cant do it because it is swithchin on while flashing.

i really need help, im looking forward to your reply. thank in advance buddies.:)

As CWM is corrupt in ur case. Just flash the original STOCK ROM of mmx

http://androidforums.com/micromax-a70/739177-micromax-a70-original-rom.html

this is the only instant way i could think. Try this if nothing happens i will try to find alternative

Reactions: DavisRocky
Upvote 0
if the two button combo ain't working, that probably means u screwed up your recovery as well :)

So what you have to do is flash the recovery through fastboot, procedure below :)

Things you'll be needing :

1.> Get the micromax A70 drivers from http://www.mediafire.com/download/9eal4r32215srnm/W601T2_Micromax_Android_USB_Driver.rar. (Not sure you'll be need these as i remember fastboot didn't require drivers, but install these first to make sure evrything goes as planned.)

2.> Get the recovery from http://www.mediafire.com/?ixlq109w2z1rrdo

Procedure :

1.> Download and install the drivers.

2.> Download and extract the recovery.

3.> Get the Phone in fastboot mode by using the combo => camera button + plug in usb cable, (Be sure to press the camera button hard.) If everything goes well you won't get the charging screen. See Video : Micromax A70 Fastboot - YouTube for help and ignore the shankar mahadevan music :)

4.> If the phone got detected and drivers got installed successfully run the "Install Recovery.img.bat" from the recovery zip file.

5.> If everything goes fine, you'll end up with the recovery menu.

Install a custom ROM, stock ROM, brick it again! do whatever u like :)

Reactions: DavisRocky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones