• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help

I'll start from the beginning, about four years ago I got a tablet (Samsung Tab E SM-T560NU) and made the mistake of trying to root it since I was young and just wanted to hack some games or something, and after trying to root it, the device shut down, and every time I tried to power it up but it would show this message, "Custom Binary Blocked by FRP. Secure Fail: Kernel" and a warning sign in the middle. Now at the time, I did not have a computer but now in the present time I do, and I have tried everything possible to fix this thing and nothing has worked so far. The main thing that I have tried is using Odin, I followed every step, downloaded the firmware for the tablet, but as soon as I get to the final step which is using Odin, it doesn't even detect the device, I have looked everywhere and tried everything tried USB Drivers, different things than Odin... everything but it still won't work, So I'm here as a final ditch effort to see if anyone in this forum can help me, I would really appreciate the help, Thank you, If you guys need any more info Please let me know.

ok keep us posted and maybe post some screenshots of the output from odin.
Ok tried Odin 3.13, 3.12, 3.10, and 3.09. But nothing same thing, nothing shows up, but I did forget to say this, when I go in device manager it seems that Windows does not recognize the device either, I'll post a photo

Attachments

• evidence 1.PNG
    evidence 1.PNG
    34.3 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0
Ok tried Odin 3.13, 3.12, 3.10, and 3.09. But nothing same thing, nothing shows up, but I did forget to say this, when I go in device manager it seems that Windows does not recognize the device either, I'll post a photo

I don't use Windows, However I'm a bit familiar with Samsung devices. It showing "PCI serial port" as an unrecognised device, is not good. From what I've seen previously, that means the tablet's firmware has been completely trashed, i.e. bricked, could be by whatever rooting you did previously. Odin can't fix that. AFAIK it would need to be re-flashed using the manufacturer JTAG rig, which is what Samsung would use during production in the factory. And unless you got one of those, it's new tablet time, that's it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey so coming back to this I got a new computer and coming back to this issue again to see if I can fix it, and now whenever I plug in the tablet it says this on the device manager "Unkown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" I don't know if this is a lost cause now but any help would be appreciated.
make sure your samsung drivers are up to date:
https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver

Upvote 0
I don't use Windows, However I'm a bit familiar with Samsung devices. It showing "PCI serial port" as an unrecognised device, is not good. From what I've seen previously, that means the tablet's firmware has been completely trashed, i.e. bricked, could be by whatever rooting you did previously. Odin can't fix that. AFAIK it would need to be re-flashed using the manufacturer JTAG rig, which is what Samsung would use during production in the factory. And unless you got one of those, it's new tablet time, that's it.
also keep in mind this. if you can't get odin to recognize your device you might be SOL.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones