• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need to get out of group text

I don't know of any way to get out of a group chat, short of calling Verizon and asking to blacklist the addresses of the people who are members (which seems drastic and probably not what you want to do.)

However, installing a third party messaging app, like Google Messenger (which I know can do this), and making it your default app (from home, settings / more... / default SMS app), allows you to turn off notifications for any conversation, so at least you can stop getting notifications. Within Google Messenger, open a conversation, tap the menu control top right, then tap "people & options", and you can turn off notifications for this conversation only there. I hope that helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones