• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to return 2 week old "rooted" phone back to Best Buy

I bought my phone at bestbuy and I have returned it 3 times. They dont check to see if it is rooted. Everytime I have told them that I was having a battery problem or a screen issue and they would just note the system and exchange it. As long as you are in your 30 day period you are fine and guess what with best buy anytime you xchange your phone your 30 days resets. Thats why i keep exchanging so my 30 days will reset until the supersonic comes out that way I can swap my hero and pay maybe $100 more to get it. Plus ill have 30 more days.

Is this true? I ask because my 30 days is just about up and I have been having a few issues with the device. I'd like to test another and see how it goes, so it would be perfect if I could start fresh and still have time to decide.

Upvote 0
I bought my phone at bestbuy and I have returned it 3 times. They dont check to see if it is rooted. Everytime I have told them that I was having a battery problem or a screen issue and they would just note the system and exchange it. As long as you are in your 30 day period you are fine and guess what with best buy anytime you xchange your phone your 30 days resets. Thats why i keep exchanging so my 30 days will reset until the supersonic comes out that way I can swap my hero and pay maybe $100 more to get it. Plus ill have 30 more days.

Why do you keep returning it? That's not exactly helping us, or the Hero very much...more Hero returns = worse reputation.

Also, are you saying that you're lying about the reasons you're returning it? Three returns is starting to seem suspicious...are you sure you aren't expecting a little too much from a phone with a fairly slow processor compared to newer ones?

Upvote 0
Why do you keep returning it? That's not exactly helping us, or the Hero very much...more Hero returns = worse reputation.

Also, are you saying that you're lying about the reasons you're returning it? Three returns is starting to seem suspicious...are you sure you aren't expecting a little too much from a phone with a fairly slow processor compared to newer ones?

no astrobill he is returning it because he wants the fancy stuff now and cant wait for the next best thing to come out. he returns it before his 30 days are up so he gets a new device and has the 30 day return reset. he is doing it because he thinks the supersonic is going to come out soon.
it irritates me to think that people are really this evil to do something like this....especially to a pretty good company like Best Buy. i really dont know what to say. one thing is for sure...I love this Hero (rooted)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones