• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Needed Kernel to over/underclock

I recently rooted my MT and I want to conserve more of the batteries life by overclocking and underclocking. Which app should I download incredicontrol or Set CPU? I know I won't be able to run these apps because I'm required to have some type of kernel. How do I get this kernel and how do I install it onto my phone?

I recently rooted my MT and I want to conserve more of the batteries life by overclocking and underclocking. Which app should I download incredicontrol or Set CPU? I know I won't be able to run these apps because I'm required to have some type of kernel. How do I get this kernel and how do I install it onto my phone?

Depends what your running for a rom .... brandom has a kernel for stock and cm7 based roms. Austrie has a miui. Kernel which is really good.
No frills CPU is free on the market and incredicontrol is to. Both are the "recommended" apps to over-under clock and to control voltage
Most custom roms already have a custom kernel so you should only need to get the market apps

Upvote 0
Depends what your running for a rom .... brandom has a kernel for stock and cm7 based roms. Austrie has a miui. Kernel which is really good.
No frills CPU is free on the market and incredicontrol is to. Both are the "recommended" apps to over-under clock and to control voltage
Most custom roms already have a custom kernel so you should only need to get the market apps
I'm just using the stock rom. Can you post a link for a kernel that I can use for my stock rom from brandon. I can't find any kernels from him. How would I be able to put this kernel onto my phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones