• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Netflix instant play issues

Having a strange issue with my netflix app that started recently. I will go into the app and start a show (doesn't seem to matter what I watch), it will play fine until about the last 2 minutes. At this point it takes me back to the episode list like I had finished the episode (the progress indicator next to the episode shows the episode as being watched as well). I know its not the episode being incomplete as I can go back in and choose a point further than it cut off at and it will play for a little longer and then repeat the issue. The app is fully up to date along with the phone (not rooted btw) . Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and none of my other streaming devices are affected. Any suggestions?

Same here--on a Vizio "smart" TV (which I'm almost positive runs some embedded incarnation of Android). The last minute of video feed either is black or freezes. Audio keeps on rollin', though--right through the surprise cliffhanger endings of my favorite shows. Pretty sure it's the app (or its android implementation). Thanks, Netflix--I see you've done some serious QA...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones