• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue pairing Galaxy watch with S22 Ultra

ZepTepi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2011
San Diego, CA
Verizon sent me a replacement S22 Ultra and I'm having an issue pairing it with my Galaxy watch. I attempted to pair it earlier today and it seemed to work fine being that the watch and the phone both showed the same code and I clicked ok on both and then the watch displayed a message that said "Check your phone to complete setup" and it just stays on that screen. I can't click out of it. The phone went to a screen that showed it was finishing the pairing and had progress dots that eventually showed the final dot was the only one left implying that it was almost done but it never finishes. I let it work like that for an hour and a half earlier today and it never finished. Has anyone ever run into this and what was the fix? I'm sitting in my car outside of a Verizon corporate store and they had no idea what the problem was and have directed me to go to Samsung for help.

Zep

Either that or 'connect to new phone'. Be aware though that process (the final dot blinking) takes forever. I've had it take up to an hour to fully get past it on a Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Watch Active (mainly showing the phone's age)

It's much faster on my Galaxy Watch 4 since it uses WearOS.

Verizon's in-store reps are morons. They used to be known for putting 'task killers/battery savers' on phones before handing them to customers who signed up. Today, they tell you to 'contact Samsung' who then tells you to 'contact Verizon' and it's an endless loop.

Upvote 0
Did you factory reset the watch? You need to do that first.
I did that twice before contacting a Verizon Tech Coach but it didn't help. The tech coach had me do it again this morning and is supposed to be calling me back in a little while to see if the pairing completes. Yesterday I attempted to pair them and left them alone for 4 hours but it never completed.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Either that or 'connect to new phone'. Be aware though that process (the final dot blinking) takes forever. I've had it take up to an hour to fully get past it on a Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Watch Active (mainly showing the phone's age)

It's much faster on my Galaxy Watch 4 since it uses WearOS.

Verizon's in-store reps are morons. They used to be known for putting 'task killers/battery savers' on phones before handing them to customers who signed up. Today, they tell you to 'contact Samsung' who then tells you to 'contact Verizon' and it's an endless loop.
I did the "Connect to new phone" and left them sitting side by side for 4 hours and the pairing never completed.

I have a Galaxy watch 1st gen that I got in Sep 2019 so almost 4 years ago. I am eligible for an upgrade so I could just do that and get a 5 Pro if Verizon or Samsung can't resolve this issue.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Wish I could help you. But the only thing I've done which was vaguely similar, was paring and connecting my Note20 Ultra to my Huawei fitness band. And the only other smart-watch dealings I've had, was helping a friend pair his new Apple iWatch to his iPhone.
I appreciate the thought Mike. Thanks.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
The original Galaxy Watch (2018) is a bit old for an S22 Ultra (2022) and I bet pairing hung up trying to install one of the many plugins and it's flagging as 'not compatible because maximum Android version has been exceeded' in the background, failing and repeating ad-infinitem.

A similar issue also plagued my Galaxy S5, but in that case I was trying to use my Watch 4 with it, and it never finished because it was unable to install a required plugin because minimum android version was too low, aka Android 6.0 was not compatible with a plugin that required version 8.x or above. Only in that case, eventually it fails and says 'unable to pair try again later'.

With an APK file, including those that install in the background like the many plugins to pair a Galaxy Watch in Galaxy Wearable, there's a minimum and maximum Android version set by the developer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones