• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Network Select/Hidden Menu Premia 4G

Kiibz29

Jul 29, 2011
Jersey
I just recently replaced my Motion with the Premia 4g...On the motion i was able to get into the network select menu..where i could pick from the networks listed...go from 4g to 3g, to 1x...or LTE to EVDO or whatnot...I can't seem to find any way of getting into this "hidden menu" here on the Premia using such similar methods. I did find a code thats ##626* Where i'm then prompted to enter a code i found on whiterabbit.org by putting in my IMEI#...

Does anyone know how to access this "hidden menu" on the Huawei phones? I've looked high and low and can't seem to find any to get into it.

Reason for this is with the Motion i had 4g full service never an issue. With the Premia I'm noticing that i'm going from a weak 2-3 bars of 4g and then quickly reverting to 1x. If i'm not able to maintain a 4g signal i'd like to at least try to connect to 3g...if possible.

If anyone can help me with this i'd appreciate it.

Thanks all

Edit: I've been maintaining a weak 4g signal in my home where with the LG Motion 4G i had a strong 4G connection in my home and out of it, I'm now returning this device tomorrow to the store for a replacement to see if another Premia does the same thing. If it does i will just simply return it and get another Motion as i really don't want to lean toward the Avid over the Motion, however the service with the Premia is just bad.

Another reason for doing so also is the fact that the Premia will go from a weak 4G signal to a quickly and weak 1x data connection. The Motion would go from 4G, 3G, 1x respectively depending on coverage.

Thanks anyway guys.

I will report my changes and findings tomorrow after leaving the store.

i can't post links yet but i wanted to show everyone how you can view it, maybe someone can find another way by accessing how I did

Requirements:
An Android phone.
Launcher Pro

Step 1
Go to your homescreen (using a custom launcher) and Long-Press on an empty spot.

This also works with ADW launcher, but the process is changed to Custom Shortcut > Pick your activity > Activities

Step 2
From the next menu, Select Activities.* Now you should be at a black screen with a list of phone activities. Slide-down to whatever activity you can find with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones