• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New 1830 mAH Battery for Triumph!

I was able to test this 1830 mah battery which I received yesterday.
I spent approximately 7 hours of chatting on AIM, Internet browsing, and watching a few videos on You tube. Afterwards I was down to about 30%. That is about 10%/hr of continuous usage?
I think on a normal day of light usage I could get 12-15 hrs from this. Not bad.

Upvote 0
That is good to know but I do like to know if that is with wifi left on all day, and how much time was the screen on. I am a heavy user with playing videos on YT at least 1-2 hours a day, maybe even a Netflix somewhere, and long time texting with a few calls; All this got me 4-6 hours on a stock battery off the charger and I have college so imagine me low on power, this is bad after the charge. That is why I am considering and willing to buy this battery but I'm skeptical as I have not found any manufacturer reviews to see if AceSoft is legit on their products.

Is it possible you can do a mini benchtest and simulate a similar scenario to see how long can you heavily use the phone before it dies out or at least 30%. Very much appreciated on the result. A percent rate is fine too under heavy use. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0
That's not how they measure batteries. Its by the cells in the batteries... just like a AAA battery is 1.5 volts and a AA battery also has 1.5 volts, but there different sizes

Number of cells generally specifies voltage.
Size specifies CAPACITY (amps)
Your example illustrates my point exactly.

The only way your gonna get a higher capacity battery, (of a given technology) is make it bigger. Now, having said that, there are different ways of rating capacity, some are more honest than others. There is also a variance in capacity in any given batch, from sample to sample.
A nominal rating means that no example will be less than rated capacity.
A maximum rating means that a given sample MAY be as high as "...." But in no case higher. This means that virtually all examples will be less than the rating printed.
I did a post awhile back measuring the motorola vs Anker. They re ratings are over 1000 mah difference, and they are virtually identical.... Except one has no thermistor.

Technically, you are both wrong. The measurement of power is watts. The measurement 'mah' stands for milli-amp hours. for example, if it was only outputing one milli-amp, it would theoretically be able to last for 1300 hours if it was a 1300 mah battery (only applies at a consistent voltage).

The voltage outputed by the batter will remain constant. However, the amps outputed will vary as different components need more power from it. this can be illustrated with the following equation.

P=IV

P = Power
I = current (amps)
V = voltage

Though voltage remains constant, the rising current will increase the number of watts (power) being utilized and drain your batter faster.

That all being said though, I have no idea if (using the same battery technology like Li-Ion) you can get a higher capacity without changing the size. I'm an Electircal Engineer, but I never studied battery technology.

Upvote 0
Technically, you are both wrong. The measurement of power is watts. The measurement 'mah' stands for milli-amp hours. for example, if it was only outputing one milli-amp, it would theoretically be able to last for 1300 hours if it was a 1300 mah battery (only applies at a consistent voltage).

The voltage outputed by the batter will remain constant. However, the amps outputed will vary as different components need more power from it. this can be illustrated with the following equation.

P=IV

P = Power
I = current (amps)
V = voltage

Though voltage remains constant, the rising current will increase the number of watts (power) being utilized and drain your batter faster.

That all being said though, I have no idea if (using the same battery technology like Li-Ion) you can get a higher capacity without changing the size. I'm an Electircal Engineer, but I never studied battery technology.

One more thing, just in case you are wondering what Current and voltage are, think of water pipes. In a circuit, current is the physical flow of electrons and is analogous to the physical flow of the water through the pipe. Voltage however is the potential electrical energy accross to points. In a battery's case, this is the two points of connection to the battery. keeping with our water pipe analogy, this would be like the pressure in the system between two points.

Upvote 0
The batery is going to have to be bigger to make it worth your while.

Lithium batterys gain "mah" by getting larger. You can sometimes get a 100-200mah out of the same dimensions but normally you wont see a difference.

The battery you are all looking for it the one that is like twice the width and you need a extended battery cover.

But i can no longer find it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update. I'd change my mind now and go external power or solar charge, or go over and find a fat battery (even if I have to cut a hole on my TPU case).

I have under-volted my phone to drain my battery slower and with the help of Battery XL, my battery can last 1.5 days without charge and light use. ICS Rom coming in development might have longer battery without apps. I cannot wait for beta :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones