• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Alarm Clock Glitch???!

jhindman

Lurker
Jun 26, 2012
I have had my phone for about 3 weeks and just started using the alarm to get up rather than my clock in my room; I set it to wake me up for work monday-thursday and set 3 different alarms on those days (instead of hitting the snooze button i just use those separate alarms). The problem that I am having is that when the alarm starts to go off it literally rings for under a second and goes silent.... I happened to already be awake and i noticed that the display was still on (the one with the alarm clock that moves side-to-side and has the red circle to turn the alarm off once it starts ringing.
I decided maybe i bumped it with my hand or something, so i tried it again the next day. I missed my bus out to the mine site because the alarm failed to sound successfully. I was very pissed.
I have ran several tests to see what the problem may be and no matter how loud, what ringtone, what frequency, whether the phone is plugged in or not, how many snoozes i choose to allow, etc... the phone alarm sounds for under a second and the sound STOPS entirely (effectively rendering the alarm useless)!
Has ANYONE ever experienced this problem or ANYTHING similar to it?!?!?
I love everything else about the phone, but I can't believe I'm having what appears to be hardware/firmware issues with my phone 3 weeks in (i haven't dropped it, thrown it, touched it with a drop of water, or left it in the heat).
PLEASE HELP!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones