• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android Market on Droid Charge?

sean76

Android Expert
May 5, 2010
NYC
What's up peeps...still playing around with my new Charge. Will post a full review in a day or so. My question is...Does anyone have the new version of the Android Market on they're phone? I have the old one on my phone...My Thunderbolt has the newer one.

What's up peeps...still playing around with my new Charge. Will post a full review in a day or so. My question is...Does anyone have the new version of the Android Market on they're phone? I have the old one on my phone...My Thunderbolt has the newer one.

Once i turned my phone on it went to the new mafket..give it a day or 2 it will happen famo

Upvote 0
you can also try this. from the home screen press the menu key > settings > applications > manage applications > select the all tab at the top > wait for all the app icons to load > scroll down till you find market and select it > tap on clear data. This will wipe your market back like it was before the first time you used it. You'll notice that the next time you open up the market app you will have to accept the terms and conditions. It may still be on the old market, mine was. So, i just downloaded an app. I backed out of the app market and let the app install. The next time I opened up the app market it was on the newer style. This seems to be about the most common thing I find when trying to get the market to update.

ps. I sell verizon phones. So i see this almost everyday. Hope it helps!

Chad

Reactions: sean76
Upvote 0
you can also try this. from the home screen press the menu key > settings > applications > manage applications > select the all tab at the top > wait for all the app icons to load > scroll down till you find market and select it > tap on clear data. This will wipe your market back like it was before the first time you used it. You'll notice that the next time you open up the market app you will have to accept the terms and conditions. It may still be on the old market, mine was. So, i just downloaded an app. I backed out of the app market and let the app install. The next time I opened up the app market it was on the newer style. This seems to be about the most common thing I find when trying to get the market to update.

ps. I sell verizon phones. So i see this almost everyday. Hope it helps!

Chad

Worked like a charm. Thanks my man!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones