• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New APN settings don't save on phone and no internet calling on the UK 3 network ?

tsam19

Jan 3, 2012
Hello

I have the S2 Galaxy with ICS 4.0.3 - carphone warehouse version , it was originally locked to UK Orange.

On Orange it always allowed phone calls to be made whilst the phone internet data was also turned on. (H+ in the top right corner)

Now that I've had the phone unlocked and am using a UK 3 sim card, I've had problems with the phone use.

1) If the internet data is turned on and I'm not browsing and I try to make a phone call - I get the message - 'No internet calls allowed' ??

2) On trying to access the phones data internet I now keep getting a web message from 3 - 'Your trying to use your phone as a modem or in a hotspot' ??

I've toggled between the data packet selection and the data roaming selection buttons in the wireless and network settings area.

Phoned 3 a few times, been through all the checks in the settings area.

Tethering off
Wifi off

Anything that shouldn't be checked isn't!

Anyway I've been directed to the APN settings and there is nothing there - everything is UNSET !

I've read the threads here and used the 3 APN settings and my phone will not save what I type in?

3 went through the set up and to finalise I pressed save - only for it not to save - the APN page is still blank.

Any ideas on what the problem could be ? :thinking::thinking:

Thanks

Problem partly solved..

I reflashed a non wipe ICS 4.0.3 over what was already on the phone.

I had taken a few back up rom images via CWM and used one of them to restore the DATA program apps!

The APN is there now and reads like this should anyone else need the info to sort theirs out.

3 wap

three.co.uk

not set

not set

user

not set

not set

mmsc http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

mms proxy 217.171.129.2

mms port 8799

mcc 234

mnc 20

Auth type - pap

Apn type - default,supl,mms

Apn proto - IPV4

Apn enable / disable

Bearer - unspecified

However the message - 'no internet calling allowed' still appears - but I've been told that's something to do with the wdcma mobile network setting??

Have a good evening everyone! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones