• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Behold 2, looking for assistance

RomeSC

Oct 24, 2010
Hello all,

I hope I can find some help from you guys, you all seem so incredibly knowledgeable!

I recently purchased a Behold 2 off ebay and want to be able to remove the bloatware, get rid of touchwiz and if possible on this phone utilize apps to SD card feature I have seen on the nexus one.

However, I am a complete and total rooting noob. I'm not a dumb guy, but this is an entirely new world for me. I don't want to become a master, I just want to learn, step-by-step how to achieve the above goals for this specific device. I have been reading through these forums and everyone is using lingo I've never heard and referring to terms and processes that are entirely foreign to me.

Is there anyone willing to be a total saint about this and walk me through the process? I am receiving the phone monday (supposedly unopened sealed behold II), so i assume it will be stock samsung 1.5 android. So I take the phone out of the box, turn it on, verify that it works and then I........

Please, if someone is willing, list out the steps 1 by 1 on how to achieve a touchwiz free, 1.6 normal android experience on this phone, preferably with apps to SD card if possible.

Thanks so much in advance for any and all help :)

~Rome SC

NOTE - I have tzones data plan and don't want to mess that up from working.

Edit: after looking around even more, it seems BH-man or bearsfan is the rom of choice one a root is done? So if anyone is willing to help out a newbie, maybe use that guys rom in the guide?

When I rooted my buddies phone a couple months back I used the video from the unlockr dot com.

I have read people's posts who used that site and ended up screwing up their phone.

I understand you guys probably get sick of new people asking for assistance, but if one time a thorough guide was created no one would have to answer these questions again.

What myself and seemingly many other new people are looking for is a:

1.) Go to "this link" and download "this file".
2.) Install "this software" in "this way"
3.) Open "this program" and select "these choices"
4.) Turn phone off and into "this mode" with "this series of key presses"
5.) Etc.

You all have seemingly have this so many times that you probably know the steps by heart. If the resistence to creating such a guide like an initiation to new people. make em "learn it for themselves" kind of gig?

I see it on forums for pretty much everything tech related. So when someone asks a question about something I am knowledable about (like building PC's) I give as thorough and detailed of a step by step guide as I can on the appropriate forums. I feel like people do not like doing that for others, which is weird to me.

Upvote 0
The latest is this guy's (bearsfan's) rom

1.) http://androidforums.com/bearsfan85...nacle-wifi-tether-take5-final-behold-2-a.html
So first download the file in that page (save things on the desktop for ease of access)

2.) then Head here http://androidforums.com/behold-2-all-things-root/151936-all-things-odin-adb.html
Download the Odin package and the drivers, load the drivers

3.) Once you have the drivers set up, turn off your device, then turn it into download mode (Hold volume down, the circle button in the middle, and the power), plug in your device through USB make sure you see it on the computer.

4.) Load Odin (part of the second downloaded package [it's green]), click on the OPS (then go to the files you downloaded first, click behold.ops), then click PDA ( go to the files you DLed and click final.tar.md5, an error might pop up but it's alright) Then make sure it sees the device if not (try the drivers) Then hit start!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones