• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Contacts Out Of Order

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Android Enthusiast
Sep 8, 2011
South of Heavan
I recently had to add a Dr. Name to my contact list.
No matter what I do...it WILL NOT list the new Dr's contact name alphabetically in line with other Dr. names in my contacts.

Example:
Dr. Apple
Dr. Banana
Dr. Carrot
Dr. Dill
Dr. Eggplant
Dr. Feelgood :D

When I enter a new Dr. it lists the new contact as though the "Dr." hasn't even been typed in, and then falls into order after the last name of the Dr. was added.
Doesn't make any sense why it's doing this.
I have everything set up to display contacts by first name, and by first name first.
Is this a glitch after the 4.3 update maybe?

The only way I can get it to work is if I were to spell out Doctor like its a first name.
And then do the same with every dr. in my contacts.
Guess I could...but that's not solving the problem either.
And makes zero sense why it would start doing that now.

I also know I can clear all the data out of the contacts app,
but thats just going to force me to have to set up all my contacts ringtones and message tones again, which will take time...and really piss me off.

Any ideas?

Putting it in as a prefix is the way I have done it in the past and it's always sorted correctly, or the way I wanted it too should I say.
Doing it that way now doesn't work anymore on mine for some reason.

It looks like it will sort in the manner that I prefer if I use Dr. as the first name though.
Kinda strange how that changed, but it's an easy enough of a fix for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones