• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New dhd owner.

Edbanger

Sep 24, 2009
Hi all. I just got my dhd today. It's a black edition...very slick and sexy . Do I need to install a task killer or is it ok just to run without? How many apps can it have in the background. Can anyone recommend a good data counter app too please. Thanks

Hi all. I just got my dhd today. It's a black edition...very slick and sexy . Do I need to install a task killer or is it ok just to run without? How many apps can it have in the background. Can anyone recommend a good data counter app too please. Thanks

A task killer is not required for a phone like Desire HD..coz it has huge RAM & ROM...just monitor the resource usage of the apps that u have installed...if u find any app using lot of processing...then uninstall it...for some months use ur phone without a task killer....

3G watchdog is a nice app for data monitoring.....

Upvote 0
im with kumar and the other 50% of the divide on Task Killers im afraid lol I dont use them and with the DHD on 2.2, it seems to do a pretty good job in maintaining apps. dont get me wrong due to some apps ive installed, not managed automatically well, but hey, i havent noticed it too much over the past 4-5 or so months.

I have 3G watch dog too, but hey, everyone has their preference like chomp or handcent lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones