• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New DIVX player (and it works smoothly)

I just installed it and tried to play a south park episode. It was running really choppy (~6-9fps) and no audio.

Here are the stats on the file:

Audio: ac3 [48000Hz@2ch]

Video: h264 [1280*720@0kbps]

File: matroska

Can any video gurus point me in the right direction?

The main problem is probably that you're trying to play a 720p video, which the Incredible just can't handle... yet, at least.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
The main problem is probably that you're trying to play a 720p video, which the Incredible just can't handle... yet, at least.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

It just that it can not handle it, it all about the resolution, remember the resolution on the Dinc is 800x480, as long as you keep it around this number, it runs like butter.

For example the videos I convert and transfer to my Dinc and my Droid are 840x480 and it looks awesome and plays with no problem what so ever.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to check a video's properties (resolution, specifically) with Astro File Manager, or some other native app? I have a video (~282MB .avi) which has the audio unsyncing and such, and I'm wondering if the resolution is too large.

Ideally I'd like an app which plays the avis right from my computer (like this file I'm trying with). Converting was a major pain of the iPhone, and while yxplayer is possible, $10 for a shitty UI (without the chance of refund) seems steep. Though it does play from the internal storage too, which is nice...

Maybe the VLC app will launch soon.... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Is there any way to check a video's properties (resolution, specifically) with Astro File Manager, or some other native app? I have a video (~282MB .avi) which has the audio unsyncing and such, and I'm wondering if the resolution is too large.

Ideally I'd like an app which plays the avis right from my computer (like this file I'm trying with). Converting was a major pain of the iPhone, and while yxplayer is possible, $10 for a shitty UI (without the chance of refund) seems steep. Though it does play from the internal storage too, which is nice...

Try Clone2go for converting. I used the gphone profile and changed the resolution to match the dinc. It was pretty easy.

Upvote 0
Try Clone2go for converting. I used the gphone profile and changed the resolution to match the dinc. It was pretty easy.
The issues I am trying to avoid are:

1. Having two copies of a movie on my PC
2. Having to decide which files I want on my phone and waiting for the conversion to finish before I can copy them over and walk out the door

No conversion can solve these, sadly. That's why I want the app on my phone to do the heavy lifting.

Upvote 0

I use a simple desktop program called MediaInfo. It will tell you resolution, audio stream info, bitrate info, encoders used, etc...

I have been playing xvid encoded to 624x352 at 1000 KB/s, 23.976 FPS with an MP3 audio stream encoded in VBR2. Let us know your video info and maybe we can help.

Upvote 0
I like this player a lot, especially since it plays AVIs so smoothly. But, I have converted many videos to 3gp format so they play with all the other players just fine, except this one, they don't play, they actually scream! Very annoying sound only.

I wish it supported 3gp so I could just use a single player for most of my videos.

Upvote 0
yeah i noticed that an mp4 i converted which plays fine with the default player, had issues with this player.

However, my non-converted xvid run great.

For the most part I don't have mp4s, only had one leftover from conversion. but i guess if needed, ill use default player for mp4s and use this for xvid .avi's

Upvote 0
Tried it with my own copy of Equilibrium and the audio is out of sync. The same file works perfectly on my Archos 605 WiFi though.

I have one of those too. Video rocks on it, but sound quality for music sucks butt. Darn Euro laws and the capped sound with weak gain as well. Worst sounding device ever, IMO. Still, I have 240 ish gigs for videos :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones