1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

New email: notification sound and vibrate do not work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bern, Jan 8, 2010.

1. bern

bern Member

Dec 30, 2009
    ICT Sector
    Finland
    Hi!

Is anyone familiar with the following problem. When my Hero receives
    a new email, the flashball notifices me about it, but the notification sound
    and vibrate do not work even though I have them both checked in the
    settings (the sound is also selected). However, when I receive a new sms message, all of them work perfectly. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. bern

bern Member

Dec 30, 2009
    ICT Sector
    Finland
    Here are my findings: in the email program, I have two email accounts. If the email comes to the primary email account (the one I installed first), I get notifiied by all three means. However, if I receive an email to the secondary email account (the one I installed after the first one), then I get notified only by the flashball. Kind of strange...

3. RemArcs

RemArcs Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    http://www.driverz.co.uk/
    Portsmouth UK
    I have Gmail and 2 HTC mail. All mine work so I went into the settings for the first installed htc mail and unticked one of the notifications in this case the vibrate. Closed it down and opened number 2 account, went back to settings and the vibrate was still clicked. Thus showing me that the settings are different for the 2 htc accounts. So before you carry on and get technical (which i'm not) make sure both accounts have the settings you want.

4. bern

bern Member

Dec 30, 2009
    ICT Sector
    Finland
    Thanks for the guidelines! Now my both email boxes are notifying me with a sound and vibrate. What I did is the following. From the account list I selected the secondary email box. Then in settings -> general settings I activated "Set as default account". This let me change the notification settings for that account. I checked all the boxes and now everything works for the second account also.

5. RemArcs

RemArcs Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    http://www.driverz.co.uk/
    Portsmouth UK
    Glad you got it sorted. Same idea different work around.

Tags: