1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New fing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mirrorimage, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Ireland
    A desire user... And I'll still be got the foreseeable future. Best phone I've had, (although if nokia had made an android boyo, I'd be there in a shot).

I've been toying with the idea of getting a new computer, as I own a mac, and I feel dirty every time I look at it.
    Then google said 'chrome os is a comin', and I was pretty disappointed; with it really only being a crome browser.

I thought to myself, 'why in the name of batman is no-one making an android notebook?'

So, htc launched the flyer. I didn't really want a tablet, I think they're still a bit naff, and I do a chuckle at anyone using them... But then, out of the blue, asus go and answer my requests, and launch the transformer!
    Now... I reckon that's the lad for me. Tethering with my desire, android honeycomb, so I've got internet access; full sized keyboard dock which adds 6 hours battery to the detachable tablet, and I won't look like a rootbag when using the thing.

Google, shame on you for not whipping that out on your nexus range... I really feel you missed a trick!
    So, fingers crossed, in the next 2 weeks, I'll be bashing out internets on that, whilst no doubt futtering with the os a bit!

What are your thoughts? Desire and asus hand in hand? Match made in silicon heaven?

Advertisement

2. Ravin Dave

Ravin Dave Newbie
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    Male
    Blackpool, UK
    You might also want to take a look at the Acer Iconia, and the Motorola Atrix with it's "Lap Dock"

If I could afford one, I'd get the Atrix Myself.

3. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Ireland

Theres a review in stuff mag about them. The motorola looks pretty nifty too.
    Also, the transformer is £430, dock and all! Couldn't whack that!

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    I ran androidx86 as a virtual machine on my Toshiba. Was ok but its a long way off. Better if you have touch input.

Google it and have a play. Only problem. No Google apps. Including market

Tags: