• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mirrorimage

May 19, 2010
Ireland
A desire user... And I'll still be got the foreseeable future. Best phone I've had, (although if nokia had made an android boyo, I'd be there in a shot).

I've been toying with the idea of getting a new computer, as I own a mac, and I feel dirty every time I look at it.
Then google said 'chrome os is a comin', and I was pretty disappointed; with it really only being a crome browser.

I thought to myself, 'why in the name of batman is no-one making an android notebook?'

So, htc launched the flyer. I didn't really want a tablet, I think they're still a bit naff, and I do a chuckle at anyone using them... But then, out of the blue, asus go and answer my requests, and launch the transformer!
Now... I reckon that's the lad for me. Tethering with my desire, android honeycomb, so I've got internet access; full sized keyboard dock which adds 6 hours battery to the detachable tablet, and I won't look like a rootbag when using the thing.

Google, shame on you for not whipping that out on your nexus range... I really feel you missed a trick!
So, fingers crossed, in the next 2 weeks, I'll be bashing out internets on that, whilst no doubt futtering with the os a bit!

What are your thoughts? Desire and asus hand in hand? Match made in silicon heaven?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones