• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Kernel Dev! [KERNEL] [SENSE] 12-25 - AnthraX - BEATS - USB HOST MODE - QUALCOMM 'B' VER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashed a few hours ago, but it was date night and I was unable to really get a sense... Been playing with it for about an hour now and I can say that it blows away any kernel I've had yet. But please consider ther source, I've had my EVo rooted less than 2 weeks and tthis is only my 3rd kernel flashed. Can't attest to battery life, seems to be average, but it's so snappy I can hardly complain.

Glad I got it stored on my machine as well...

Upvote 0
Ok I've been playing with it all morning, battery life is not so great, but I have everything sync to the max, wifi and gps on constant, overclocked to the near max, actually nothing is set in a battery saving setting...it's all about performance, which this kernel definitely offers. Gonna try a battery saving approach and see how well it performs and I'll post back.

Upvote 0
Naive question: Where do i find the different settings to change the 'efficiency' of the kernel (and how to change them)?

I assume you mean setting the clock speed and governor? I would suggest setcpu. You can set different profiles for different phone states, as well as adjust clock speed and change the governor. The only tweak I've done is to make a screen off state with the CPU speed set at 384/384. Other than that I left it alone and I get solid speed and battery life with mikG 3.0.

Upvote 0
I have not had issues with WiFi, BUT the battery life has been quite variable. For several days, the battery meter only would go down 1-2% per hour (2000 mAh battery), but past few days it has gone down 5+% per hour with no change is usage. Partial wake usage in Battery History has not shown anything. Strange! Set CPU set on 'interactiveX' with 998K Max & 245K Min.

MikG 2.61

Upvote 0
I have not had issues with WiFi, BUT the battery life has been quite variable. For several days, the battery meter only would go down 1-2% per hour (2000 mAh battery), but past few days it has gone down 5+% per hour with no change is usage. Partial wake usage in Battery History has not shown anything. Strange! Set CPU set on 'interactiveX' with 998K Max & 245K Min.

MikG 2.61

Did you calibrate? Also, I always turn off auto brightness and any kind of haptic feedback/vibration.

Upvote 0
Was really hoping his new kernel would be ported to us by now. I'm also glad to see he stopped development for the handsets that caused all the trouble in the first place.

"MSM8X60 KERNEL
(SENSE 3.0, SENSE 3.5, AOSP, ICS)

DEVICES COVERED: SHOOTER (complete), SHOOTER_U (complete)
canceled --> RUBY, PYRAMID, VIGOR, AND THE HP TABLET (TOUCHPAD)

AOSP/ICS for SHOOTER (CDMA) -> DONE (same zip for both)
AOSP/ICS for SHOOTER_U (GSM) -> CANCELED

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE HTC EVO 3D, IF YOU OWN A SENSATION, THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO EMAIL ME, POST HERE, OR DOWN-RATE MY THREAD."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones