• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New LG Optimus M (MS690) - Root Achieved!

Hi all!
My goal is to help push forward and get 2.2.2 rooted on this model (or get 2.3.x running. That'd be neat.) I also wish to locate a way to extract the current firmware "bin" that is on the phone. LG >> PC. I will be getting a brand new LGMS690 this week, and am willing to do what I can to help. I was successful with my previous phone, RIP, in flashing, rooting and modding, etc. I have been unable to locate any post pointing to these tasks. Please PM me or reply here with information leading to those that are involved with these tasks. Thank you for your time.

Reactions: benalmighty
Upvote 0
I was skeptical at first, seeing as our phones were not listed as compatible. I found a post concerning the Optimus V (almost same hardware, different carrier) being rooted running 2.2.2 (MS690ZV6). Everything pointed to this "SuperOneClick", so I tried it. At last, the hunt it over!! Please search for SuperOneClick in google, and get to the shortfuse org site. Once there, grab version 2.2 or newer, and do what you do best. The instructions prior to this are on androidforums "Optimus M - All things root" under the "2.2.1 get data working" thread (only follow the points about installing the drivers, software, and SDKs.). DO NOT flash the phone if you have HW ver. 1.1 until someone has the MS690ZV6 bin file in the wild. Good luck!!

Reactions: benalmighty
Upvote 0
ok i have a lg-optimus version 2.2.1 n got this kernal version 2.6.32.9 n i cant move my facebook app or youtube app cuz of the facebook for lg and youtube for lg n i need more memory on my phone n sum apps i cant move to my sd card, and why? i need help with this cuz every so often it tells me low on storage space....wat do i need to do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones