• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New member here...BOOTLOOP on MyTouch 4G...seeking advice, please help!

kinderutz

Lurker
May 23, 2012
Hi there,
my MT4G that i just got off ebay worked great for 2 days....on the third morning i found it shut off(was left plugged into the PC overnight to charge)....turned it on...stuck on my touch home screen....nothing ...nothing...i pulled the battery and all it does is comes on(vibrates once) but gets stuck at the home screen.....then shuts off....then back on and so on...sometimes it just sits on that screen until i pull the battery out.

GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.86.0000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
sep 27 2010, 11:12:59

Recovery doesn't work, factory reset doesn't work, after lots of hours of research i put PD15IMG.ZIP on the SD card and tried to load it...finds it, blue progress bar goes all the way at the top....then it says checking pd15img file....then nothing happens....goes back into the bootloader menu.....after more research i found out it's because of the "S-ON"....many hours later i can't seem to figure out how to turn it off , i installed ADB and it does not see the phone(stuck on home screen) when connected to the PC but if i start up the phone in fastboot it says "fastbootusb" and if i type "fastboot devices" in ADB it shows me a serial number which i assume it's my device.
That's as far as i got.
Please advise, i really apreciate your help.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Kinderutz

call tmobile and get it replaced....seriously

there is not much hope when problems start on this phone

my 1st phone....same problem as you.....they replaced it after a bunch of "battery pulls" and "resets"

2nd phone....stuck on hboot screen....i didnt go there, it went there by itself...."battery pulls" and "resets" (even though it was stuck on that screen).....replaced phone

im gettin my 3rd on tomorrow....cant wait to see what problems i have with this one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones