• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LuLore

Lurker
Dec 5, 2009
hello, i just registered because I am about to purchase an Android phone. I will most likely buy the Moto Droid here soon. But I'm still mulling the decision... after reading much cell-phone geek news/gossip the last few days I'm intrigued about this HTC Passion. But I would like a phone ASAP and don't know if I want to wait for it to come out.

The rumors about the Droid/Eris deals the last few days does make me wonder if they might be about to launch the Passion but I don't know if I want to wait till after Christmas if it doesn't launch soon. I've been without a cell phone about a month because I moved & couldn't decide on what provider to go with. Then I finally decided on the Droid. I just don't want to get it, then wish I'd waited for the Passion.

I also have my own un-educated theory that the Passion & the Dragon are different code names for the same phone. That's just my guess. I also thought this tweet was funny: "Passion isn't as cool of a name as droid...i'd hate to be a guy walking around with a passion. :p" hahaha! yah that's why i was thinking the passion is for girls and the dragon is for guys.. that would be cool gender marketing tactic.

anyways i dont' think the Calgary sounds better compared to the Droid so I think I'm about to just purchase the Droid and enjoy it.

hello, i just registered because I am about to purchase an Android phone. I will most likely buy the Moto Droid here soon. But I'm still mulling the decision... after reading much cell-phone geek news/gossip the last few days I'm intrigued about this HTC Passion. But I would like a phone ASAP and don't know if I want to wait for it to come out.

The rumors about the Droid/Eris deals the last few days does make me wonder if they might be about to launch the Passion but I don't know if I want to wait till after Christmas if it doesn't launch soon. I've been without a cell phone about a month because I moved & couldn't decide on what provider to go with. Then I finally decided on the Droid. I just don't want to get it, then wish I'd waited for the Passion.

I also have my own un-educated theory that the Passion & the Dragon are different code names for the same phone. That's just my guess. I also thought this tweet was funny: "Passion isn't as cool of a name as droid...i'd hate to be a guy walking around with a passion. :p" hahaha! yah that's why i was thinking the passion is for girls and the dragon is for guys.. that would be cool gender marketing tactic.

anyways i dont' think the Calgary sounds better compared to the Droid so I think I'm about to just purchase the Droid and enjoy it.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy you visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
thanks guys!

I just finally decided to go get my phone today... i sick of the waiting for the passion or whatever may come out in january... plus i want the physical keyboard and I don't know if the calgary will be much more exciting... since i think the droid is pretty exciting as it is!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones