• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Metropcs speed test amazing super fast and stock

budde2

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2011
brandon fl
What's up all well Metro finally did it there 3g in Tampa Brandon is amazing I have been getting 1-2 mbps down and 700 kbps-1 mbps nice my sprint don't even get that unless its 2 Am lol what speeds is everyone else getting? Post screen shots
181a1f03-049f-f13a.jpg
lhere is a video check it out

inrcedible indeed!

where is your aunt located? metro's coverage map shows no 4G coverage in the state of kansas.

where are you located?

We both live in dallas, texas. She actually lives 10 minutes away from my house... and when i did the speed test the server was chosen automatically, i didn't touch anything

actually thats tye server location that was used to do the test. i guess kansas is where metro's main server is. ironic if theres no coverage there.

The server was chosen as default without me choosing the closest server. I know it's weird being kind of far but the speed is just amazing!

Upvote 0
yeah dallas is gonna be where metro has its best speeds. thats where they have the best rollout.

if you dont mind, next time you're at your aunts house, can you turn on the location service on your connect which will allow the speedtest app to find the closest server to your location and run the test again and give us the results?

Upvote 0
yeah dallas is gonna be where metro has its best speeds. still, getting more than 10mbps anywhere on metro 4g network is an awesome development as it gives us a glimpse of whats to come.

if you dont mind, next time you're at your aunts house, can you turn on the location service on your connect which will allow the speedtest app to find the closest server to your location and run the test again and give us the results?

yeah no problem I will be going there this weekend so will do it for sure.

EDIT. Now that I remember i did do it once with location on and found the dallas/forthworth server to be the closest but will do it again this weekend as I don't remember the results I got

Upvote 0
yeah dallas is gonna be where metro has its best speeds. thats where they have the best rollout.

ok guys here, I did the test again today. This time location was on and chose dallas server as closest which it is.
2448i0n.jpg
2012-05-27172644.png

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
dallas being where metroPCS is based out of they have a better role out there than anywhere else. it depends on how they choose to expand and role out in other cities. its not exactly a trickle-down effect where if one city is fast than every other city will be. other cities will get faster if they build more metro towers in those areas and they have to be able to purchase the spectrum for those towers. gaining spectrum will be harder in some cities than others with all 4 major companies looking to expand their networks. metro has to compete with these companies for room to build.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones